Does your back hurt after a long day of sitting at the office?
Do you take breaks throughout the day to stretch your back and relieve tension?
Taking a few short breaks during the day can help dissolve the built-up tension in your back!
Stretches to Release Tension
- Passive Backbend: This pose is great for relieving tension. Working this stretch into your daily routine can increase back flexibility, reduce tension, and improve your posture!
- Place a rolled-up blanket or pillow under your upper back on the floor and lie down.
- Recline back, using your hands for support, until your upper back has rested on the prop.
- Reach your arms over your head towards the floor while straightening your legs to the floor. Your head should barely touch the ground.
- Hold and relax into this posture.
- Seated Twist: Twists are a great way to release the mid back and improve flexibility.
- While twisting, keep the spine long by sitting up straight. The twisting stretch is meant to elongate the spine.
- Hold the stretch for three to five breaths.
- Repeat as needed.
- Child’s pose: This pose is restful and effortless. The stretch allows the spine to elongate while you rest over your knees.
- Start in a kneeling position with the hips resting on the lower legs.
- Spread the knees apart to your comfort level.
- Fold the body forward, bringing the chest down towards the knees.
- Rest the forehead on the floor while the arms are stretched in front.
- Rest and hold for twenty to thirty seconds.
- Use the hands to return to an upright seated position.
Middle Back Pain Relief in Ann Arbor with Pivotal Chiropractic
Stretching can help relieve tension, but meeting with a chiropractor to relieve your middle back pain in Ann Arbor is the next step. To schedule a complimentary consultation, contact us or call 734-221-0362.